Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Start Menu Icon
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
NodMercinary
I just want to change the start menu icon on the KDE GUI... either tell me how to change it, or how to change a theme.
lesio1974
Start Menu->Preferences->Desktop Settings Wizard;

or

Start Menu-> Preferences->Control Menu->Appearance&Themes (or in some distros: Look n' Feel): just browse the subcategories here;

changing just the menu icon (in KDE it's called K Menu) is probably possible but there is no graphical tool to do it that I know of.

good luck

g
NodMercinary
ok.. so u told me to go there.. but there is no graphical way.. am I the only one seeing a delima? anyone wanna tell me where there is the theme config fire or something I can edit?
lesio1974
the instructions I gave are for changing the whole theme (the K Menu icon included, it will change as you change the theme), not the K menu icon

sorry, have no idea how to change just the K Menu icon;

g
NodMercinary
thanx.. but I like my current theme, I just want to change the K Menu icon.
lesio1974
ok, now you got me confused; this is from your first post:

"...either tell me how to change it, or how to change a THEME"

if need more help, keep posting here or try

KDE Home Page

they have a KDE-specific forum there;

g
NodMercinary
oh lol, im sorry, I should have been more clear.. I meant, how to change an existing theme to a different config.. such as editing the theme config file or something... I'll just keep updating this thread in hopes someone will come to help me.
hughesjr
What is your distro ... the easiest thing to do is find the actual picture ... back it up and replace it with a picture you like that is the same size (rename your new picture what the other one is named).
NodMercinary
I have redhat 9.0 w/o any updates. (ps, should I get the updates?)... where do I find the graphic?
NodMercinary
Bump...
Hemant
He meant that...mv the current K-Menu icon..to somewhere else..and copy the icon you want to be on the main menu.
NodMercinary
ya, I know.. where do I find the current K Menu Icon? what dir?
NodMercinary
nvm, I found it.. for anyone who wants to know.. /usr/share/icons/ then find your theme folder in there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.