Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Hardware Installed!
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
new to nothing
ok, i have just put in a riva tnt2 and some ram looking to play americans army but i ran in to some problems installing the drivers where can i get drivers and how can i install them plz help me caus im a newbe.
Corey
Go to NVidia's download page at the following address:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Choose "Graphics Cards" -> "GeForce and TNT2" -> "Linux IA32" (if you have a 64-bit processor choice either AMD64 or IA64) then click "Go!"

Under the "release highlights" there is a link to the README file, be sure to read this for instructions on how to install the file.

Under Step 2, you can download the actual binary file, save this to your hard drive. As root, run the binary file with "sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-6111-pkg1.run" and this will go ahead and install the binaries. After this point, read the README file to find out how to make changes to your XF86Config file to use the new nvidia binary driver.

As for the ram, you should be able to just pop that in, and Linux will recognize it, provided that the ram follows your motherboard specifications.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.