Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Binary Application Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
cymru
Hi guys/gals

I've got Yellowdog linux on my iMac G4. I've got Apache 2 and Mysql running. I've donwloaded mysqlcc to add a GUI for working with MySQL. However, after i installed, I run e.g. /usr/bin/mysqlcc/mysqlcc and I get a bash message: unable to execute binary file. This is all it says and doesn't offer me any clues as to why it won't execute it. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
Jim
stupid question, but is the file there? Sorry, I have to ask, you got Yellow Dog working on your Mac so you seem like you have some idea what you're doing, but that isn't always the case.
cymru
Yeah, the file is there. Not a stupid question. I got gcc installed so I know it ain't nothing to do with that (had a similar problem with OSX but ggc cured it).
Jim
ok, so than the problem more than likely that the binary file is bad. That could be caused by any number of problems.

There weren't any errors durring the compiling I take it. Hummm I guess I would say to go back and make sure that it all got compiled right with the correct options. I wouldn't know how to start going about narrowing down what is wrong with the binary and correcting it. Maybe somebody else does.
hughesjr
also make sure the permissions are executable .... do:

chmod 755 /usr/bin/mysqlcc/mysqlcc
cymru
QUOTE (hughesjr @ Aug 4 2004, 07:18 PM)
also make sure the permissions are executable .... do:

chmod 755 /usr/bin/mysqlcc/mysqlcc

That done it! thanks guys..... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.