Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gcc In Suse
Linuxhelp > Support > Programming in Linux
rickprice407
I just installed Suse and have dowloaded the source for a couple of things I'd like to have. I ran rpmbuild and was told I have no cc installed. I've gone to Yast thinking that maybe, like Mozilla, it wasn't installed by default. No good. I can't find it at all. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Thanks

Rick Price
Hemant
The gcc package should be there in your Suse Cd..unless ofcourse you have all the CDZ.What i would suggest..is...in case you don't have all the cdz..then you can download binary version of gcc for your version of suse.Do a google search using string "gcc rpm download for suse-9.1".
rickprice407
How many cdz are there? I've downloaded the install cd for 9.1 Personal from the Suse site. This is all I've used. I found the gcc stuff on the Suse ftp site but its under 8.2.

Also how do you install packages with Yast? I can find all of the base distribution stuff but can't figure out how to get to the directories with my other files.

Rick Price
Hemant
For gcc check out this page:
http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/gcc.html?hl=de&cx=0::

and i think whole Suse installation is of 3 cdz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.