Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashplayer Installation
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
fordno1
I have been trying to install flashplayer into Mozilla 1.6. I was able to get it installed but I received this message and it didn't install it. Any ideas.

Proceed with the installation? (y/n/q): y
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/kde-fordno1/arkKcYiiw/install_flash_player_7_linux/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/kde-fordno1/arkKcYiiw/install_flash_player_7_linux/flashplayer.xpt': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins/flashplayer.xpt': No such file or directory

Thanks for any help
hughesjr
The way to do the generic download is this:

download the file by typing this command as the root user in a terminal window:

CODE
wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/flash/english/linux/7.0r25/install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz

{in case it wraps on your screen, wget is followed a space and then by
CODE
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/flash/english/linux/7.0r25/install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz
all on one line}

After the file finishes downloading issue the command:

tar -xvzf install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz

when the file finishes unzipping, issue the commands:

cd install_flash_player_7_linux
./flashplayer-installer

When asked, use the path /usr/lib/mozilla-1.6 as your mozilla directory.

You have to do all the unziping and commands from a terminal window ... can't use the gui file bowsers, because they create temp directories and delete the directory before you can finish the install.
fordno1
It worked thanks awesome. Hopefully I can build off what you have shown me. Thanks Thanks biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.