Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer Network (wan) Inbound Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
JordanF
Hello,

I have a home network where there are 4 windows computers and 1 linux server behind a Linksys wireless router. My linux machine is connected to the network via a DWL 520+ card with an ACX-100 chipset using the open-source drivers for ACX-100 wireless cards. It establishes the wireless connection and all other local network TCP/IP and UDP connections just fine.

I have configured the router to forward SSH and an alternative HTTP port to the linx server (ports 22 and 10065, respectively). Outside users can access services on one of my windows machines OK, but any outside connections to ports that are forwarded to the Linux server timeout. wacko.gif

I have successfully tested port forwarding to my windows computers but cannot successfully get the linux server to accept outside (WAN) connections.

My distribution is Slackware 9.1.0 running the 2.4.22 Linux kernel on an i386 architecture.

Is linux by default locked down to deny connections from IP addresses not in the private class, or am I just missing something? Help is greatly appreciated. smile.gif
adam.stokes
not quite sure how slackware has its services setup i think it uses System V setup as well but make sure iptables is either turned off completely or set to accept those connects.. something like this

iptables -t filter -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT
JordanF
Thank you for your reply.

I resolved this issue by simply adding my gateway to the routing table. Apparently /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 wasn't setting up the gateway correctly.

CODE
route add gw 192.168.1.1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.