Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Startup Script...
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rich
Hi,
I am rather new to the whole opensourcey linuxey thing, so please be nice blink.gif .

I am running RedHat Enterprise 3 and have recently installed Antivir 2.1.1.

As a means of getting the Antvir Avguard component running I have also recently downloaded Dazuko and configured it to run the Avguard component as a node (using /sbin/insmod) as the Dazuko readme instructs.

The issue I am having is that once Dazuko has been configured and added as a node and the Avguard component installed and configured to run at startup, I test the config by shutting down and restarting the machine to find that the Avguard component has not loaded.

OK, now to the questions:
1. Can I write a script to configure and add Dazuko as a node as a non-su?
2. Can I then specify that script to run as a non-su when the machine boots up?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers smile.gif
Rich
hughesjr
I don't use these specific products ....

How do you start the service right now (what is the command ... and who is the user).
rich
I am not sure it is running as a service, during installation it asked if it could run at startup to which I answered yes. Now when the machine boots up it does display the avguard startup but an error occurs while it's trying to start stating that it couldn't find /usr/lib/Antivir/Linux-2.4.21-4.EL/dazuko.o...

I am not entirely sure why it is looking to /Linux-2.4.21-4.EL/ as it exists under /usr/src/ rather than /usr/lib/Antivir/???

I have tried adding this component as a service to run on all levels as well but it won't accept it as a legitimate service.

I have since written a little script to run as root whenever the machine starts up but, of course, I need to log in as root run it then logout and log back in as a normal user. Which is entirely inconvenient.

Script is as follows:

'cd /usr/src/kernel-modules/dazuko/
./configure
/sbin/insmod ./dazuko.o
mknod -m 600 /dev/dazuko c $(grep dazuko /proc/devices | sed "s/ .*//") 0
/usr/lib/Antivir/avguard start'

Not sure exactly what this script does, constructed out of readme files listing commands and such, but I do know that it works to get the component running.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers
Rich blink.gif
adam.stokes
Try just adding dazuko module to your /etc/modules.conf

this will load that extra module at bootup

or just put

modprobe dazuko in your /etc/rc.local file
rich
OK will try that...thanks...

I have actually got it working, through a very ugly means, I created /Linux-2.4.21-4.EL/ under /usr/lib/Antivir/ and copied dazuko.o into it. It has done the job but I am not very happy with it just the same.

Cheers
Rich blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.