Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unhiding Windows Partition
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ragingchihuahua
I used Partition Magic to add a new partition to my hard drive in order to install Mandrake 10. That worked fine, but now whenever I try to boot into XP I get an error saying that "xmnt2002 can't be found", that "autochk is being skipped", then the computer reboots. Can't get into Windows at all. I've looked around on some other forums, what I think the problem is that Partition Magic automatically hid the Windows partition when it made the new one. I need to unhide it, but I have no idea how. Could someone please help me, this is really, really frustrating!
lesio1974
you have to boot from the Partition Magic CD and start Partition Magic when given that choice (it should ask you whether you want to start Partition Magic or the Boot Magic program). Once you are in PM, right-click the Windows partition and select "Advanced->Unhide" or just "Unhide" from the menu that appears after right-click;

good luck

g
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.