Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashplayer Installation
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
fordno1
This is the install directions. I am alittle confused about it. I do it from the shell and I get the message: bash: ./flashplayer-installer: No such file or directory.--- Any instructions/info/help is greatly appreciated by this newby to Mandrake 10.0.

This installer is script-based and cannot be run from a GUI.

- Uncompress install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz. A directory called install_flash_player_7_linux is created. Navigate to this directory.

- From the command line, type ./flashplayer-installer to run the installer. The installer will instruct you to shut down your browser(s).
michaelk
Open up a console window.
Navigate by using the cd command to directory where the install_flash_player_47_linux.tar.gz file is located.

This is compressed tar file. To uncompress the file:
tar -zxvf install_flash_player_47_linux.tar.gz

Now change to this directory install_flash_player_7_linux using the cd command. You should now be able to run the installer.

./flashplayer-installer
fordno1
Thanks for the info. I am going to ask for alittle more detailed instruction on the "cd" command. I really don't understand it. Thanks for any info/help.
michaelk
The cd is the change directory command used to change the current working directory.
To navigate to say your home directory you would type in:
cd /home/<your user name>
There are several shortcuts
~ is a shortcut for your home directory
cd ~ is the same thing as /home/<your user name>
If you are in your home directory and there is a subdirectory called mp3 then all you need is:
cd mp3 (instead of /home/<your user name>/mp3
cd ..
will go up the tree. So you were in mp3 and now your back to your home.
fordno1
OK, after some trial and error and no clue how I did it, it started to install. I get to this and don't know what to type- I am not sure of the path. Any ideas----
Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla):

I typed -- fordno1/lib/mozilla and get this message

WARNING: /fordno1/lib/mozilla is not a directory.

I know I am typing something wrong. Can you help.

Thanks!! biggrin.gif
hughesjr
You need to know where mozilla (or firefox if you are using it) is installed on your PC .... it is normally in /usr/lib/mozilla, but it is not found there on your install.

For Manrake 10, try this:

/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6
fordno1
Thanks for the info. I did that and that worked but now I got this--

Proceed with the installation? (y/n/q): y
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/kde-fordno1/arkKcYiiw/install_flash_player_7_linux/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/kde-fordno1/arkKcYiiw/install_flash_player_7_linux/flashplayer.xpt': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins/libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins/flashplayer.xpt': No such file or directory

What happened??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.