Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Defualt Group Permissions
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
discofunk
I was just curious to know if the group already created by FC2, apache, is used for anyone I want editing pages for the web server (assuming I only have 1 domain) or ... if the apache group is a group used for the system and I should create a new group?

ie Assign web editors to the group apache or not? And with that, give the group 'rwx' permission?

Cheers
hughesjr
I do that for a couple VERY trusted people ... but if it is for more than a few people (or for people who you don't know extremely well...), I would do something else.
adam.stokes
I usually set up virtualhosts's even for the main default site and create a directory seperate from anything else i.e.

/www/virtual/www.mydomain.com

In that directory I create a group called mydomain

groupadd mydomain

add my users for that domain to the group mydomain

then setup some rwx permissions on the www.mydomain.com directory and finally set a sgid so that all files created within that directory are group owned by mydomain which will allow others to make modifications to your files within that group.

chmod g+s www.mydomain.com
discofunk
Thanks for the ideas! I think I will create virtual domain(s) with distinct groups, may make it easier in the end.

Cheers smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.