Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scan Disk Help
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
fordno1
I have installed a ScanDisk Card reader for my memory card for my dig. camera. How do I access it. It is there I am guessng since I have found it listed in Harddrake. I would like to access the photos on the card. Any help/information is greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.
dry.gif
hughesjr
It is probably listed as sda1 in mandrake...

(USB or Firewire devices are normally SCSI devices .... and the first one is sda1).

Create a mount point like this:

mkdir /mnt/camera

then mount the device into the directory like this:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

Then you should be able to read info from the directory /mnt/camera.
---------------
If that isn't the right device ... post any items the output of the command:

dmesg | less

That have to do with SCSI or usb...
fordno1
I am guessing that i do this is the shell and at the command line. Are these the same??? I tried it in the shell/command line(CTRL-ALT-F1) and it says "bash: mkdir/mnt/camera: No such file or directory". Any help appreciated. Thanks.
hughesjr
yes ... as root from the console / shell (as root)

BUT ... you didn't put a space between mkdir and /mnt/camera

in the second command there is a space between mount and /dev/sda1 ... and another one between /dev/sda1 and /mnt/camera

The easiest thing to do is to open a terminal (menu - system - terminal) and copy / paste the commands in ...
fordno1
It worked so far. Thanks so much for your help. The icon(Hard Disk) showed up on my desktop. I clicked on it. And Konqueror loaded up with this in the menu bar --file:/mnt/removable-- I know there are pics on there. How do I bring them up. Thanks again!!
fordno1
Thanks for all your help. I got it to work. I was able to download the images from the card onto the computer after I restarted it. Again, Thank you. Don't be surprised if you see other posts from me as I learn how to use this program. The next one will be in regards to installing Fllashplayer 7. Talk to you all later.

fordno1 smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.