Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Binary Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
rafucho_ucv
Hello,

I did the dumbest think in the earth, i copied /bin, /usr/bin and /sbin from one RH 9 system to another, thinking that if they are only binaries there should be no problems, my system crashed and i had to use the installation CD to access the file system, if i copy /bin from the healthy RH-9 to the damage one, the system restart and seems to be fine, but after a while the system fail to execute ls, showing an segmentation fault error, all the services start except ssh, commands as mount doesn’t work either, if I restart the system on this conditions the error messages fulfill my screen, so I have to insert the installation CD, select de rescue option, start the network and copy /bin from one system to another.

what can i do???

There is a RPM where the binaries are stored, there is some way to repair the binaries?

Sorry for the English, Spanish is my mother language...
hughesjr
The only way that you can copy the binary files from one machine to the other and have it work is if both machines are identical (ie, they have exactly the same RPMS installed.).

I don't know of any way to fix this problem except to backup any data, reinstall the OS and restore data.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.