Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Version For Games?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
wookmaster
Well Ive heard the wonderful people at IdSoftware will be releasing Doom3 for Linux. Im currently running mandrake 10 and will switch in a heartbeat if there is another distro more optimized for games. Right now my graphics dont run to great on linux. I have a radeon 9600 and its been nothin but problem. If anyone knows any sites with info on how to better optimize anything for games I would also appreciate it. Thanks
Chibix
And here I am, downloading an ISO for Mandrake 10??!! Well, I've only got a Radeon 9200 on this experimental Linux Box, and I'll see what I can find! Okay, *digs into internet*

There, once upon a time, used to be a thing called tunelinux. I don't know how good it was, but I'm not really a linux guru or anything myself, so don't expect much. It appears that there no longer is such a thing as TuneLinux, but nothing of any relevance ever disappears on the internet, except for sparkmatch.

So without further ado, TuneLinux

(Keep in mind here, that you're travelling back in time. Mind your URLs accordingly)

Also, this might be of help.
Gaming on Linux

That's my two bits.
-S
wookmaster
Wel I dont know if this is good news or bad news for you but all the distro's ive used had problem with my radeon. Thanks for the links.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.