Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Here, Pronlems With Mandrake 9.0 O_o
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Ice_Nine
Hmm. I needed a project last night, and had been curious about Linux damn near forever; I consider myself a rather competant user (windows user ^_~), so I downloaded Mandrake 9.0 and decided to brave it. During the installation my mouse worked fine- after I dealt with my video issues (get to that in a moment) and logged in, however, my mouse cursor is stuck in the top left corner. Oddly enough, JUST the cursor... I move the mouse around, and I can interact with the desktop, which is the only reason I managed to navigate as far as this website tongue.gif
The cursor in the corner even changes when I run over a link or text box. He just ain't goin nowhere O_o
Anyone know how to fix this problem? I have a microsoft ps/2 type optical intellimouse... will also fit USB apparently... haven't tried that yet.

ALso, i have a geforce 4 video card, I tried the drivers for it and the geforce2 ddr, tried both the xfree options (not sure what that is still *cough*) and i still can't push my resolution over 800x600, which i suppose is manageable with a functional mouse. WHee

If anyone knows how, if possible, to fix either of these problems, I'd greatly appreciate it. That or the wonderful time I'll have reinstalling windowsXP @_@
Thanks thanks
Ice_Nine
Update: Tried it as a USB mouse, still no luck. Irc chat... don't need a mouse for that, hehehe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.