Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems Compiling Apache + Mod Ssl On Amd64
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Ancile
Dear All,

For the past week I have been banging my head against the wall trying to find a resolution to a compile problem with Apache 1.3.31 and the latest Mod SSL Patch.

I am compiling Apache much the same way that is described in on this guide: http://www.brtnet.org/linux/lampssl.htm - I am however each time presented with the following:

/usr/bin/ld: /root/new/openssl-0.9.7d/libssl.a(s2_srvr.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/root/new/openssl-0.9.7d/libssl.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libssl.so] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/new/apache_1.3.31/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/new/apache_1.3.31'
make: *** [build] Error 2

I have attempted to build with -fPIC and -fPIC -DPIC with both Apache, and OpenSSL - but to no avail it still will not compile.

I have also trawled google, altavista etc and have found no one having the same issue.. only similar, but again with no fix.

I hope someone can help, as an Opteron aint much use as a web server if you cant compile Apache on the damn thing!

TIA

Stewart.
Jim
What are you using as a distro? I am not quite sure what the problem is, but thatís a good place to start especially with the 64-bit processor, some of the architecture will be a little bit different.
Ancile
Hi,

Its fedora core 2, but i removed any rpm's related to mod ssl, openssl and apache.

Unfortunately the machine is already live 300 miles from where our offices are.. so we need to stick with Fedora.

Hope you can help! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.