Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squatters....
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
Jim
I just want to rant for a second about squatters. I am about to launch my own server so of course I need a domain name, and every single one I have come up with and wanted so far is being squated on. Its such a joke. These stupid companies (if you want to call them that) just buy up domain names like candy and than sit of them. Then god forbid you want to use that domain name they want like eight or nine hundred bucks from you. What a joke, its not like they have imb.com. Uggg. So ya, I have been taxing my brain all night long, I am not this creative, and I don't have 800 bucks to buy a domain name.

:::Adition:::
Jus to take the icing on the cake, I just found out that the company thats squatting on the domain I want the most, also owns the domain http://www.domainsquatters.com thats just evil.
Joey
What domain name are you after?
wookmaster
yeah it sucks. No way around that one. I was suprised I got the domain techdefine, I mad figured it would be taken.
Joey
Well, you could always file a trademark with the trademark people in the US and then sue the current owners to get the domain. http://www.icann.org/udrp/
Corey
god bless americans smile.gif
Jim
ok, I don't think I am going to go that far quite yet, maybe later. I want HigherArt.com because my recording studio is names Higher Art Studios and I do all my other multimedia projects out of Higher Art Projects. But thats being sat on. Than there were just a bunch of other ones that I thought would be cool. Its just stupid.
Joey
Bleh squatters suck. What sucks even more is working for a domain registrar and having your mouse above the "delete domain" button and not morally being able to click it. smile.gif
hughesjr
but if you accidentally slip and fall .... and the tip of your surgically removed left testicle (that you are packaging to trade for some Stephen King books) accidentially depresses the mouse button ... well, that would be OK right laugh.gif
Joey
I don't know if it would stand up in court but I'd be morally okay with that smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.