Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Way To Dual-boot Linux & Windows?
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
spiroth10
is there any way to do this (with windows ME... I haev added DOS realmode support, but that doesnt help much for my problem)? I can't just use loadlin... I could if I just wanted to load it, but thats not the case. I need to do this so I can dial my Windows only isp and then boot up linux from another partition so I can be on the internet from linux... it's a pain to have to download things then burn them to a cd and reboot, + it costs a lot in CD's.... tongue.gif it'd be great if this was possible.
Robert83
Hi,

first of all please excuse me if I misunderstood this, but it's quiet hard for me to understand (100% without errors) what you wrote down there).

1. You can dual boot windows and linux
2. You must download the linux iso's and burn them to a cd....(I don't know of another way)

and you cannot chosse linux once you're in windows

you must choose linux or windows during the boot loader process....

Sincerely
Robert B

ps.: I reccomend Fedora Core 1 or 2 .... or mandrake linux 10 for you
spiroth10
you answered my question anyway. I'll just have to wait until a freeware virtual machine gets made. and, BTW, when I said downloading I meant downloading programs/games/files for linux. my ISP oonly supports windows currently and there are no free isps for linux in the US.
Robert83
Hi,

there is no such thing as a windows only isp...

we can help you set up fedora core , debian, slackware , mandrake , suse, whitebox to go online ....

do you have a cable modem connection ?

Sincerely
Robert B
Jim
Ya, your ISP may only have "support" for windows, in other words they may only know how to set up customers computer's with Windows, but tell us what your connecting to and we can get your service set up in Linux. What do you have, DSL, Cable, what? There has to be a way to connect in linux, and we will figure it out.
Hemant
Keep using evaluation version of VMware...
hughesjr
Actaully, there are some ISPs that have really wierd dialers ... and they only run in windows.

VMWARE is one way to run both at the same time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.