Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mandrake 10 Won't Install
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jimgavo42
I'm new to Linux and I'm trying to install Mandrake Linux 10 on a older Celeron PC that has a clean install of win98 on it. The only software on it is MS WORKS and Blitzbasic. When I get to the reboot prompt to start the install it won't reboot. I tried installing it on my XP machine and it works fine. Can anyone tell what the problem is .
Thanks Jim
hughesjr
Do you mean that the CD 1 won't boot on your machine?

If so, Boot with CD-2 and swap in CD-1 when asked to ... there is an issue with booting CD-1 and some CDROMS.
jimgavo42
With win98 running, I'll put the install CD in the CD drive, The CD opens with the Mandrake Install program with an icon that says Install Mandrakelinux, When I click on it a window pops up that says that your system will reboot now and install Mandrakelinux. When I click on the OK button nothing happens.
bigpaws
Do you have your BIOS set to boot from CD?
Hemant
Your Cd is bootable???

Never heard Windows recognising a Linux Cd in that way..
chrisw
mandrake is setup to where you can start the install from within windows...its kinda cool...just pop in the cd and go with it...
wookmaster
well all it does is restart your computer. If the buttons not doing anything just do a normal restart and make sure BIOS is set up to boot of the cdrom before the HDD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.