Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Antivirus Toolkit
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
Robert83
Hi,

I would like to see some suggestion on what antivirus toolkit do you use people in your lans (70+ computer lans would interest me)...I'm currently using Kaspersky AVP 4.0 , but I'm just now uninstalling it cause it slows down everything...even if I dissable network scan, compound file scanning etc.... will install Norton Antivirus 2004....but I would be interested in some good and fast Antivirus toolkit

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
I use Norton Corporate edition 8 ... basically it is norton 2004.

But it does use a lot of resources as well.
Joey
We use Symatec Antivirus 9 at work.
Corey
we use the same as what Joey said at our school, seems to work good.
Robert83
Hi,

the problem with norton ,...that I forgot...is that it releases a new version each year...arghhh...and eats the computer...is there a lightweight antivirus kit ? (I've got some 333Mhz 256MB Win2000 computers here) ,...please help!

Sincerely
Robert B
Robert83
Hi,

just found avp 3.0 (Kaspersky) from 1999 , it has support for nt ,2000,me ,9x and has updates till today, I will install that on the computers, even try on XP later....these new virus scanners eat up the pc , fancy visuals...and who knows what is not included....

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
I am using Symantec anti-virus 9 now as well. (We upgraded about 2 months ago, but I forgot smile.gif ) I am actaully using:

Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise Edition ... but it is basically Symantec anti-virus 9.
Joey
Robert83: Your mail server seems to be having problems....

Message delivery to '<robert83@linuxhelp.net>' delayed
SMTP module(domain stcable.co.yu) reports:
wmserver.stcable.co.yu: connection refused
bigpaws
I use antvir on all of my workstations. I install that on every computer I repair. I also try to get users to change from IE to another browser due to the recent virus outbreak on IE. Antivir has been almost transparent even on the smaller workstations.
Robert83
Hi,

Joey, my mail server (the ISP's) is currently down due to hard disk fail for a few days.... sorry

Sincerely
Robert B
Pronco
hughesjr! can you state with the downloadable link for norton corporate that is actually compatible with servers platforms
Pronco
Waiting for Response
Pronco
I don't want to purchase it ... Apparently i want a free version .. can you paste it for me ..
hughesjr
This is not a warez site ... please see this post:

http://www.linuxhelp.ca/forums/index.php?a...=1189#entry7655
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.