Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shutdown From Kde
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
heylan
Hi,

I've checked KDE's page, but found answer to this. I was wondering if anyone managed to come up with a workaround to this issue?

I hope to at least enable the root user to shutdown from KDE instead of going back to the console and typing "shutdown ...".
Corey
In order to enable shutdown from within KDE, you need to run the KDE Login manager (KDM). When you install and run this, the option should appear in your logoff menu when exiting KDE.
heylan
Regarding this, I also have a problem. I've edited the /etc/inittab file to let Slackware start into X. Initially, I thought this would allow me to go into the KDE's login screen. But it doesn't.

Instead, I was brought to a login screen with a sunflower. Don't know which one that login screen belongs to. There is an option to let me choose which Window Manager to go into. The default is Gnome.

Anyway, my point is, that isn't the login screen I want. How do I change that?
Hemant
Yeah...that login screen was provided by gdm and if you don't wan the login screen and actaully want to login directly..you should as root enable autologin.
just enter command..

#gdm-setup

and from there enable autologin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.