Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Change Wm In Mandrake 10.0
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Onestep
Using the Mandrake Control Center I selected icsWM to install. It asked me to insert Mandrake Disk 2 which I did. After all was done and said I re-booted expecting to see a new desktop. Wrong. Now what should I do? I half expected some sort of option menu during boot-up asking what WM I wanted to use but that is not the case. Any suggestions?
Robert83
Hi,

I don't have Mandrake 10, but under Whitebox there is a Desktop Switcher tool and with it you can switch from GNOME to KDE etc.... (it's under preferences in whitebox, so it should be somewhere there in mandrake as well)

Sincerely
Robert B
Hemant
Hello...The answer is simple..
1.Install your new Window manager.
2.And update Gdm..so that it recognises new installed Window Manger.
I have written a brief guide on how to do it..Just check out this link.
lobogobo
if you disable the auto login you will get your choice at bootup. or you can "end session" to log back in.
from start menue select "end session" from login screen put in your password then select "menu" then select "session type" this will give you the window manager you want select. it then click on "login" mandrake 10.0 will read all window managers automaticaly.
Hemant
I think...now all the distros uses Gdm for logging in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.