Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Graphic's Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
sudhanva
hello
This is sudhanva.rao i have got a Zenith P4 1.6 GHz with intel 82845G/GL chipset with onboard display . The Problem is that after inatalling linux 7.2 i can't use KDE & GNOME interfaces (ie i can't use GUI interface).i tried installing linux 8.0 also but got the same result . so i need some support so that i can use the both .And does this model suport linux ? . i am fedup of finiding any help or supprot for this. hope to get a Positive Responce .

regards
sudhanva
Hemant
hi..
it is true that your video card supplied with intel 845 chipset is not supported by redhat-7.2 so u won't be able to use Gnmoe or Kde but since i have the same chipset i know that Redhat-7.3 and Redhat-8 supports it and i am using Redhat-7.3 on my comp.while installing skip Xconfiguration and when ur linux is running in Text mode use Xconfigurator to configure ur xwindow server.u should remember that don't select video memory other than 8mb.check in bios also.
go ahead u will get Redhat running on ur comp. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.