Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Printer Not Working
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
doobers
Okay. getting fed up with Linux. Kyocera FS 1010 can't be configured. I installed Linux drivers from Kyocera cd. Something called CUPs says it's not running due to security issues.. When I use printDrake it sees printer name and tries to configure but then says Printer not configured. Another window pops up asking me to copy a complete linuxmanual2 to a directory but is this connected? Does Windows rule?
hughesjr
I'm not sure if windows rules ... but it does have support for more hardware than Linux.

I have said many times ... if you are happy with Windows, use it smile.gif.

Most of the time linux is not a point and click to make it work kind of thing. If point and click is what floats your boat, Windows is the OS of choice.
doobers
You are right. But i'm nothing if not determined. I reinstalled Mandrake with the printer connected and the printer configured. Don't know why I couldn't do it manually though. I'm keen to learn more about OS and Linux in particular. We all have to start somewhere. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.