Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pcmcia Lan
Linuxhelp > Support > Hardware Support
Dundee
I have PCMCIA LAN card Safeway (8139too module). I used Mandrake 8.2 and 9.1 and everythig works fine. I tried to instal Debian (3.0r2) and suddenly my LAN won't work at all. After lsmod I found out, that pcmcia module is OK, but there is no 8139too module. My friend wich is more skilled with linux told me that module for my LAN card is already in kernel and I need to find kernel wich does'n contain it, because pcmcia module starts after kernel and LAN "module" with start of kernel and kernel doesn't see LAN card because pcmcia slot isn't on. Can anybody tell me how to install other kernel variant from CD or install 8139too module separately? Thank you for help.
hughesjr
Instead of using the woody install for Debain, I recommend you use the Sarge Install. Sarge is going to be the new Debain release 3.1 and it's release is coming very soon.

Here is the Sarge installer and docs related to install.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to install Woody (3.0r2) with the linux 2.4 kernel instead of sarge, you would use the command:

linux bf24

instead of pressing enter at the first prompt when booting from Woody CD-1.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.