Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grub Configuration Problem
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
andycapp
Please could somebody help me with the GRUB Configuration problem, I've recompiled my Mandrake 2.6.3-4 Kernel and saved it as a bz file, then I copied the file into the /Boot/Grub/ folder. My problem is when I try to configure GRUB to acknowledge the new kernel it provides me with a access denied message even though I'm logged on as root user.
hughesjr
Are you using Grub with Mandrake? The default boot loader for Mandrake is LILO.

If you did install grub instead of lilo, where are you having the problem....when editing the /boot/grub/grub.conf file?
andycapp
Im using Grub with Mandrake 10 Community edition which preloaded GRUB instead og LILO. My problem is indeed with the /boot/grub/grub.conf file, it allows me to view but not to edit, as I want to enter the lines directing GRUB to the new Kernel created.
Hemant
Try command...
CODE
# chmod +w grub.conf
# vi grub.conf

see if it works...
andycapp
Thanks I tried it and it still didn't work. I was able to see, navigate through the text displayed but no edit. I then tried in the gui with gedit and I was successfull.

Thanks for the help and prompt replies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.