Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem With Internet Connection Setup
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Mazer
It's so weird. Whenever I boot up my computer and Linux is starting up, it gets to the point where it starts the ethernet adapter stuff OK, and then it gets to the part where it checks for internet connections to start up. I know I've set it up to start my connection at boot, but at this point it just waits for about a minute and times out. Once linux is done and ready, I start up enlightenment (well, the window manager has nothing to do with it I think, even with kde this will happen the same) and, not surprisingly, I'm not connected to the internet. Yet, if I go to the mandrake control center and then switch profiles (doesn't matter which one, there are two and they're both the same), I'm automatically connected to the internet.

Any ideas?
Robert83
Hi,

what kind of internet connection do you have?

do you recieve your IP adress via DHCP or do you use a staticaly assigned IP adress (with gw and dns)?

Sincerely
Robert B
lobogobo
I had this problem my self, being a newbi. it drove me crazy for weeks. i have a dialup connection. the control center said I was connected but my browser couldn't connect. I removed the firewall and was able to connect with browser. I downloaded shorewall fire wall and the one-interface zip file. had unziped this file, change one line in "interface" file installed shorewall and copied the unzipped files into shore wall directory. hope this helps. I don"t know how to fix "ipchains" or "netfilter" to work so I do this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.