Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thunderbird
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Jim
What is the best way to back up my thunderbird e-mails? Anybody know what files I need to grab so I can just put them back in if my system were to ever go? Not that I am really afraid of my linux system crashing, but I am also thinking about upgrading, so I am just cerious. Thanks.
hughesjr
I don't know how to backup thunderbird ... I use evolution.

Let me install thunderbird and see if I like it smile.gif.
hughesjr
You have a .thunderbird directory inside your user directory ... you should be able to back it up and move it to the other machine with no problems.

Thunderbird looks pretty good ... if it just had a Reply to List feature I would probably use it.
Jim
I made the switch from evolution to thunderbird a wile ago, its really slick, I aside from some of the features, I like the UI better and I am sort of a sucker for eyecandy.
hughesjr
Thunderbird does _LOOK_ better than evolution.

I am also fairly lazy about sorting my e-mail ... and the auto virtual directories of evolution are good too!

But I would switch if Thunderbird had a Reply to List feature for mail coming in from external mailing-lists.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.