Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Setting Up Gcc On Suse 9.1
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Niall
I've just got SUSE 9.1 personal, its installed ok and everything works but it didn't include gcc so I downloaded and installed the following binaries from the slackware site,

gcc-3.3.4-i486-1
gcc-g++-3.3.4-i486-1

because it was the only place I could find a precompiled version of gcc. My problem is that when I run gcc or g++ they don't have any of the header files they need to compile programs. I think I need glibc to get these but I'm not sure if this is right or which version I need. Can anyone offer any advice on this?
Hemant
Well....rather than downloading gcc and installing..you should install gcc from Suse-9.1 CDz..

Just open YAST and use the CDZ to install gcc.
Niall
No, maybe I didn't explain it right, gcc is not on the CD, its not included with suse 9.1 personal. It does come with professional but I have the personal edition. So I need help installing it from scratch.
Hemant
Even for personal install glibc should be installed on your system.
But anyway you should try downloading gcc for suse.I mean if you download gcc from slackware several dependency related problem can occur.So from here you can download gcc for suse.

As a matter of fact..if you could have tried following key for google search,you would have got correct gcc for your SUSE.
CODE
gcc rpm download for suse
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.