Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trouble Compiling Ati Driver Module
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Bralkein
I have a problem with the fglrx drivers under Slackware 10-rc1. I have looked everywhere for answers but found none, so I was wondering if anyone could help!

I have installed the fglrx drivers before and got hardware rendering to work a few times now, so I like to think I know most of the ins and outs like all the rubbish with the AGPGART modules and what have you. However, I have never before had a problem compiling the actual module, so I don't know what to do!

I am using kernel 2.6.7 patched with the Con Kolivas patch set (mmm, Supermount flavour), and GCC 3.3.4, but I have also used 3.2.3 with no success. I also tried compiling it against an unpatched kernel with no success. I don't really know anything about compiling because I only rarely have to do it, so I don't really know what affects its chances of success. The automatic script for making the fglrx module did give me an error message though from GCC, that error message was:

/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/agpgart_be.c:4416: error: structure has no member named `count'

It said this a couple of times, so if it is any help in solving my problem I could easily paste all of the output from the script here.

If anyone can please help me at all with this, I would be very grateful. I really don't want to switch away from 2.6.7 because of the security problem being fixed in it, so I guess if that is the problem I will be stuck without hardware rendering!

Thanks in advance,
Jack H
Hemant
Can you just send me the lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/agpgart_be.c file along with errors generated during compilation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.