Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Samba Users And Groups
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Corey
Okay, i've been at this for a while, trying to get it to work, but so far no good.

I have a samba server running Debian 3.0, and two client computers, one running Windows XP and one running a dual-boot of Xp&suse.

On the server, I have two main directories being shared out, /var/shared which is common files that both client computesr need access to, and /var/www which only one of the machines needs access to. What I want to do is to have two users "blew" and "duende", both of them to have access to /var/shared (read&write) and only "duende" to have access to /var/www

How can I do this in samba?
Robert83
Hi,

you can do this

[share]
path=/var/www
hosts allow = 192.168.0.4/32(?), 127.0.0.1
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

or you could do it like this

smbpasswd -a duende (then enter a code here , not your code, another one shall do)

and
[share]
path=/var/www
user = duende
guest ok = no
create mode = 0777
directory mode = 0777
browseable = yes (or no If you don't want others to even see it, including youreself...you can still connect to it by typing ipadressofcomputersharename
writable = yes

I think in this case you will need to change security=user in the global options
this way only user with ip adress 192.168.0.4 will be able to connect to /var/www
everyone else is denied

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.