Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Linux Technical Resource Kit
Linuxhelp > In The Community > News
hughesjr
According to distrowatch.com, Novell is giving away a Linux Technical Resource Kit that includes over 10GB of fully-functional software to help you test and evaluate Linux products from Novell in your home test lab. Included for free are:

- SUSE LINUX Standard Server 8.0
- SUSE LINUX 9.1 Professional
- Ximian Desktop 2.0
- Ximian Red Carpet
- Novell Linux Services 1.0
- Novell GroupWise for Linux 1.0
- and more...

Here is the order form ... (which i filled out).

http://www.novell.com/community/linux/orde...?sourceid=uscin

The only thing I can find concerning this is that they are giving it to several Linux User Groups ... but I'm not sure if it is valid for everyone ... or what requrements (if any) there are ... here is what I can find on Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Linux+Te...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

After I submitted the form, It told me they would tell me when the resource kit was in the mail was in the mail. I will post a followup....

Good Luck....
Robert83
Hi,

As you know I live in SCG [aka Yugoslavia], if I happen to order this...(if it's 100% free, and there are no limits...like...it works for 3 months and then bang, a message comes up, please buy this software to help Novell improve it....) , would it get here as well ?

Johnny, when you recieve it please tell me how much money did it cost you to recieve it , okay?

I think that it will be around 50-100USD for me .... , or maybe not...if Novell also has a hq in Europe than less... do you know anything about this?

Well anyway I'll wait till you get yours, then I'll order it, It sound nice, I mean if it actualy has a tool for linux that is something like Novelll System Monitor .... then yehhhaaaaaa smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Sincerely
Robert B
Robert83
Hi,

ok, I contaced Novell, they pay everything (hmmm...what is the catch here ?)

they also told me that it's for personal use only....well this I guess this is bad news....

this I think automaticaly means that even if there is a tool that I would like to use on one of my samba servers In the company...I couldn't .... since Novell would come after me sad.gif sad.gif

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
Just FYI for everyone ...

The above site is not taking orders right now ... but they should be again soon.

I will post when it comes back on-line.

Get 'em while their HOT smile.gif
hughesjr
This site now seems to be back up and accepting information.
hughesjr
I can now safely say that the the above offer is legitimate. 3 of the Staff have recieved their CDs and I have installed several of the items.

The software comes on 3 DVDs, so you will need a DVD reader to use it.

(And you may need to upgrade your firmware on your DVD reader)
Corey
For those that didn't read my other post, I have an LG DVD player and I needed to upgrade my firmware from LG in order to read the dvd's. I don't know much about DVD technology, but on the dvd itself there are markings that state "DVD5", so, I don't know if that's a newer DVD technology or not.

But yeah, the offer is legitamite, so if you sign up and you receive your kit, be sure to push it to as many organizations/companies that you know to expose them to SUSE.
Termina
Damn, wish I had read this sooner. wink.gif
hughesjr
Looks like the page is no longer accepting offers ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.