Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installing Sound Card (driver)
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
smb2004
ok, first i must say im a newbie, i just built a new system and want to get in to linux, i successfully did an ftp install of suse 9.1 (the 64bit version) i need help installing my sound card, the drivers i think. i have a "c-media electronics cmi8738/c3dx pci audio device". i have the drivers on a cd but dont know what to do from here. thanks for the help!
p.s. keep is simple pleeeze im a newie! wink.gif
Corey
While in your Graphical environment, click on the round green button in the bottom left hand corner, that will open up your menu. Go to the System menu and then run the program "YaST". It will then ask you for your root password, so enter the password you set when you installed SuSE.

Inside of YaST, click on "Hardware" on the left side, and on the right side, choose "Sound".

YaST should go through a detection process, and find your sound card, when it does, it will list it in the box. Select your sound card there, then click the volume button. Make sure that your volume settings are turned up, and press the "test" button. That should play a sound. Hit "Next" then hit finished, and that should be it.
smb2004
i tried that, when it goes through the detection/confiuration process is comes back with and error: the kernel module snd-cmipci for sound support could not be loaded.
ohmy.gif ...?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.