Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Installation Woes
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
mm_aexon
I'm trying to install Slackware 9.1 on a machine that was previously running RedHat 9.0. After partitioning and choosing install paths, Slackware asked where I would be installing from, and I chose CD/DVD. The system then returns with a message that the drive cannot be found.

I thought this was rather strange, as the drive was surely working (after all, that's how I got into the setup in the first place!). This prompted me to try installing Fedora Core II (Test 1), but this also returned a similar message.

By this time, I was really confused, so I tried to install the old RedHat 9.0 that it was previously running, and the installer sees the disc just fine.

I went back to Slackware and chose the drive manually (it's the master drive on the second IDE channel, so that's hdc), and this was to no avail as well.

What could be the problem here? Why would RedHat 9.0 see the drive just fine, but both Slackware 9.1 and Fedora Core II (Test 1)have issues?

Thank-you in advance! smile.gif
hughesjr
probably a drive controller issue ... what is the motherboard make and model (or if it is a brand name PC, the PC make and model).
Termina
I had the same problem. I think it might be a bug with the install (I forget what I did for it to happen though).

To solve it, restart your computer and redo the install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.