Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Apache Install Issue
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
goblinmaster
ok This is probably a really easy fix but I am new to Linux and have yet to find the solution.

I am using SUSE 9 and I am trying to load Apache on it. I have it in a directory and unzipped
(/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/httpd-2.0.43) but when I do the ./configure command to load Apache, I get the following errors.

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH configure failed for srclib/apr

I understand this means I need to load some library files and I have looked in the how tos and faqs but I can't find what is needed to correct this issue. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks

ph34r.gif
Hemant
Well..you have gcc installed???
what was the output of the command..

$ whereis gcc

In case gcc is not installed on your system..you will have to install it first before attempting to install apache from sources.

For installing gcc..i won't suggest downloading the latest gcc from net..rather you should pop in your suse cd and install from the cd.

If you don't want to take the headache of installing gcc then you can install apache using a binary package.for that also i will suggest you use your suse cdz!!!
goblinmaster
i will try that.. thanks. biggrin.gif
hughesjr
Is there a particular reason you want to compile the apache server rather than just installing the precompiled (RPM) version from SUSE?

Open YAST and go to:

Install and Remove Software

set the filter to: Selections

then go to: Simple Webserver with Apache2

Install Apache2, apache2doc and any other rpms you require ...
goblinmaster
to be truthful i got this cd with apache, mysql and php on it and i was trying to follow the instructions to install them all so i could learn apache, mysql and php.

thanks for the advice. i feel "stupid" that i didnt look in yast in the first place....
hughesjr
no problem ... hey, you can install the mysql, php and apache all from yast and they should all play well together. (You have to install the connecting modules as well like apache2-mod_php4)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.