Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rhl 9.0 Not Supporting Sata Hard Drive
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
polar
I am trying to install RHL 9.0 to my new sys. having Serial ATA hard drive. During installation it is unable to detect the hard disk.Please help.
tia,
polar
hughesjr
You will need to see if the motherboard manufacturer has linux drivers for the sata controller (of if you have a stand alone controller, see id the manufacturer has a linux driver).

What kind of controller (or motherboard) ... manufacturer and model ... do you have?

You might try FedoraCore2 or Mandrake 10 ... they support much newer hardware than does RH9.
polar
My mother board is intel (original) 865GVF,Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz 1 MB cache,with Samsung 120 GB SATA HD.

Well i am not that comfortable with FEDORA CORE and I would like to install RHL. Please suggest.tia,
polar
hughesjr
I think you meant 865GBF ... there is no 865GVF listed (or maybe intel is a little behind getting the stuff n their site)..(they don't have any updated drivers ... but IBM supports Linux better than anyone, so they should have them first)

Look Here for what you have to do to do the install:

ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/...edHat9_info.pdf

It says that you have to set it up to Run in Legacy Mode in the BIOS ... and that you are then limited to 4 total IDE devices ...

I don't know what impact setting that will have IF you already installed windows first.
polar
thank you for your reply,
i have installed fedora core 1 into the box.it installed succesfully.
there was not much trouble.

thanks again! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.