Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playing Movies On Mandrake...
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
damix69er
I have linux mandrake ppc 9.1 and everything works great (1000 better then os x) but the only problem is when I go to play a movie (mpg, avi, etc...) in any of the media players like xine or noatun it won't play the videos. Xine just closes down and noatun just skips to the next song on the playlist. I tried to get real player. It does show it playing on the pregress bar, but no picture shows up. I'm running linux of a clamshell ibook if that helps at all. Thanks in advnace for any help.
Robert83
Hi,

try this one mplayer http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html

this is one of the best video players for linux, it can play all of my divx and xvid and other video cd's under linux.

just download then untar, read the install notes, and it should be quiet easy to install, if you run in to problems feel free to ask.

Sincerely
Robert B
damix69er
well I don't think it's the player because i can't get video to play on anything. I think it's a mandrake problem
Termina
Have you downloaded codecs? (Try getting the divx.com codecs, and MPLayer codecs)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.