Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Anyone Else Wish...
Linuxhelp > In The Community > General Discussion
Termina
that the avatar size was a tad bigger than 64x64? wink.gif

So many hilarous pictures, so little space to put them in. happy.gif
lesio1974
i could not upload my avatar to start with; the size was correct, file format as well; got the message that i was not allowed to upload avatars; does one have to be a bit higher in the forum ladder to be able to use their own images????

g
Jim
I just host mine from off sight, that works pretty well for me.

No Termina, I don't wish that it was bigger, because than people just post comics and what not and it gets anoying and boggs down the webpage. Another thing that I don't like is people who keep switching their avatars. I identify people by thier avatar and when it keeps switching it get confused.

Ya, so eitherway, no hard feelings Termina, I am just stating my pet-peves.
Robert83
Your absolutely right! ,

These Avatars are just great , perfect size, ....

I've seend forums online (not linux related, they were about emulation stuff), that allowed it's users to have a avatar, and some other pictures, so each post had 2-3 pictures , cool pictures , but it was quiet anoying when you were searching for something....

And let's not talk about when you want something printed out as it is ....

I think this forum is good as it is, it has a nice color ... nice people in it , what else do we need? smile.gif

I do hope that this forum will never change , I don't think there is a need for more pictures and stuff like that.

Sincerely
Robert B
chrisw
the ability to upload avatars is disabled... i cant even upload any...
Corey
ditto.

i think the size is fine, and uploading is disabled because there is really no reason to host people's avatars here. If you want em, host em smile.gif
hughesjr
lesio1974 ... if you don't have a server where you can host your avatar ... I will be glad to put it on www.hughesjr.com

Just make it 64x64 and email it to me at jhughes at hughesjr.com.
------------------------------------
I don't really care about the size ... but I agree that you can't do much with 64x64 ... that's why I cut my icon in half!
lesio1974
thanks a lot hughesjr, will take up the offer as soon as my Core2 is up and running;

g
Joey
Personally I don't care about the size. 64x64 is the forum default, I just never bothered to change it.

Would 100x100 make you people happy? smile.gif
Termina
100x100 would rock. happy.gif

I agree that having too many/too large avatars/pictures would really blow. =/

I just found this great avatar. (I too am willing to host images for people, just email me at termina@wi.rr.com with it)

http://www.unhandledexceptions.com/4132.jpg

Tell me that isn't the best avatar you've ever seen. biggrin.gif *cackles*
Corey
I'm no longer on dail-up, so i dont' really care anymore.

I realized over the span of the last 4 or 5 months when i was on dial-up, that the internet is no longer suitable for dial-up users. back in 94 when i started on the internet, i obviously had dialup, up to about 98/99 when i got dsl. back then, you could easily use the internet with dial up and not think twice about it. I don't think it was a fact of being spoiled with DSL for the last 4 or 5 years, I think the internet is so broad-band aimed now, that dial-up users don't stand a chance anymore.
Termina
It's a shame, because when I move out I'm probally going ot be using free dialup (Old versions of juno XD)

For most people it's a good thing. They still pay AOL 20-25 dollars a month, when for almost no extra cost they could get DSL and drop a phone line. The reason they don't? They don't belive broadband would make that much of a diffrence. When they see otherwise (ie in a free trial period) they almost always change their mind. (Mom just recently got DSL at her house. Before hand she thought she'd try it for 30 days and cancel. She's had it for 4 months now wink.gif)
Corey
How much does DSL cost in the states for a month? What's included? Transfers?
hughesjr
Here is the yahoo/SBC add:
http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/?refer=dsl0

It is $26.95 USD / month for 384-1500kb/sec down & 128Kb/sec up

$36.95 USD / Month for 1500-3000 kb/Sec down, 384 kb/sec up

This is all PPPOE dynamic IPs.

unlimited transfers
Termina
Good stuff, that.

No vauge things in their TOS, such as "No excessive use of bandwith", as there is in my cable TOS. =/
chrisw
i pay $50/month with a local company where i live, comes with the following

3 email accounts

256up/1.5down

unlimited bandwidth usage, no restrictions, none, zilch, nada
absolutely nothing you cant do...well except a pr0n site...

static ip address
bridged connection, therefore no need of pppoe or login garbage..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.