Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mail_fechmail
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
HI,

I've looked at it, but I'm a little confused on how to set it up, the installation should be ok...

but what I wan't to do is, a internal mail server ( home.local ) that will download mail for bogi@somecompany.co.yu aladar@somecompany.co.yu to their e-mail box on that home.local computer, and I want to make sure that when they send mail from that home.local they send their mail as bogi@somecompany.co.yu aladar@somecompany.co.yu...

could you pretty-please help me with this one, add this to your guide ? smile.gif

Sincerely
Robert B
Robert83
Hi,

I managed to get it working, I send e-mail as user@alstar.co.yu anywhere I want (checked it with 3 of my other e-mail adress stcable.co.yu teleport.co.yu freemail.hu supper smile.gif

but I don't know how to get that Mail_FetchMail working, it won't show up in my Squirrelmail options, but it's added as a plugin without errors I think ( smile.gif ) ?!?

----update---------

I just tried sending an e-mail to the a user (not on my local linux mail server box) but to the real alstar@co.yu and I've got this back Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
Server replied: 550 <***********@alstar.co.yu>: User unknown in local recipient table
I guess I need to change something in postfix config files in order to allow it to send that mail to the real alstar@co.yu (after It has tried it localy....)

Sincerely
Robert B
Robert83
PLEASE forgive me for posting this again,

but please can someone help me with this one?

Sincerely
Robert B
hughesjr
OK ...

I've been thinking about this one ....

You can't use a real name that isn't real ... you will always get an error if you try to send to others in the same domain. (that are not on your current server).

You have to use a fantasy name ... or obtain a real name.
Robert83
Hi,

thanx, but is there a way to somehow tell postfix that these 4 are local users and the rest with the same domain name will be searched on the internet ( or better on that given IP adress ) ? - I've been told that it's possible (by the linux guru) but unfotunately he has no time for me now.

and please could you take a look at that mail_mailfetch plugin ? since I don't know how to make it apear in squirrelmail .

Sincerely
Robert B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.