Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intel Soundcard
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
kanwar_rajan
hey
i got a P4 with Redhat Linux 8 and Win2k .
I have an integrated intel i810 AC 97 soundcard

When I run sndconfig, it detects the soundcard.
However , it cant play the test sound.

Gives a long list of errors !!!!!

I wonder if anyone can help get out of this .....

Thanks in advance...
Corey
As root, type "modprobe i810_audio" and try it again. That is the same chipset that I have, so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

As well, you probably don't really need to use sndconfig anymore. I've found that everything gets set up fine and dandy without.
jesse23
how about for a Aureal Votex 2 soundcard? The soundcard detect says nothing detected
Corey
jesse,
for your card, you need to check out http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/aureal/ and download the lastest package located there (au88xx-1.1.2.tar.gz). Read the README file, make sure you have PnP os disabled in your bios, and compile the source and copy it to your module tree with the command "make install". If this doesn't work, you may want to try alsa.
jesse23
what does alsa mean?

I had the card but had no idea how to compile kernel[SQL]
Corey
Well, the instructions I gave above would have you download the source to the drivers you need, and compile and install them.

Alsa is a project for sound in linux, more details about it can be found on their website.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.