Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blank Screen
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
phiberoptik3
i installed linux today but whenever i start the x windows system it gives me a blank screen. I have double checked my monitor settings. But it still doest work. I have a compaq persario 6000 with a nvidia Geforce2 intergrated on the mother board could someone please help me. If you have encountered the same problem or have a solution please contact me at Muya@optonline.net
Corey
Is the display just blank, or does the monitor just shut off (power off, power down, whatever)?
phiberoptik3
The monitor doest shut off. It just goes blank. it is still on but nothing is being displayed
Corey
I've been having a similar problem lately as well, but it only exisits with the Xfree86 provided "nv" driver for the nvidia chipset. When I hit 'startx', i see a few red lines accross the screen, and my monitor makes a high-pitched sound like something was out of range with the refresh rate. I have not been able to fix it, however, it works fine with the official hardware accelerated drivers from NVidia's website.

Which driver are you using?
phiberoptik3
i am using the nv driver
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.