Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Native Language
Linuxhelp > In The Community > Polls
Jim
I get the impression that a lot of people on the forum aren't native English speakers. I was just curious how it brakes down and if you want let us know what home speaks. I think is really interesting (and great) how global of a community we have around here.

I didn't really know what languages to put up, so most people will probably fall in the "other" category, sorry, but there are alot more than 10 languages in the world. So I just took some of the top Languages in the world.

Ay, and, Canadian is not a language ay so take off.
Robert83
My native language is hungarian.
Termina
Nifty. biggrin.gif

English speaker here... though I'd love to learn German. XD
Hemant
This is a great one...

just curious why you have listed Bengali there..???

Actually i have lots of friends whose native language is Bengali but i really doubt anyone is here
Corey
English dialect - Newfinese. And yes, it is another language, anyone that has ever been to Newfoundland can tell you that.

Well, I don't speak like the real newfies, but I was born and raised here.
Jim
I just grabed the languages off of a list of the top most spoken languages in the world. I took of some like Chinese and Japanese because I know specifically China doesn't get on to the web all that often with the filters. However, maybe we will see more Chinese as China moves more and more of its computers over to linux. Ya for China.

To be honest with you, I don't know where some of those languages I put up are ever spoken. I asumed some of theme were from India since its one of the most populous nations in the world, I figured they could secure a couple of the top most spoken languages.
lesio1974
Polish
XIlliterate
when i looked at this, how did i know somebody was going to say binary? lol unsure.gif
g33k
QUOTE (XIlliterate @ Jun 28 2006, 04:43 AM) *
when i looked at this, how did i know somebody was going to say binary? lol unsure.gif

LOL you can always find people who answer most of the time in YES or NO (sort of 1 or 0) biggrin.gif
DS2K3
You can't speak binary and more than you can in denary - Any self-respecting programmer knows that :| . You could maybe spell the english/whatever words in the binary representation of a character set however. smile.gif Duh!

biggrin.gif

D
sudsucker
QUOTE (DS2K3 @ Jun 28 2006, 01:07 PM) *
You can't speak binary and more than you can in denary - Any self-respecting programmer knows that :| . You could maybe spell the english/whatever words in the binary representation of a character set however. smile.gif Duh!

biggrin.gif

D

I don't have that kind of time, could I speak in hexadecimal? (I tried octal first but I kept getting christmas and halloween mixed up since dec25=oct31)
ciachyou
Irish

tis not there sad.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.