Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: File Size Limitation In Redhat Es 2.1
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
chasw98
Hello:
I have just installed Redhat Linux ES 2.1 on a new server for my company. My end goal is to get rid of NT 4.0 running oracle 8.1.7 and use ES 2.1 to run oracle 8.1.7. I am more familiar with oracle than linux. I have oracle 8.1.7 installed on the linux box and even have a test database running quite well. When I try and ftp the dbf files for my production database from the nt box to my linux box all files copy fine except three dbf files that are over 4 Gb in size. I have talked to redhat support and they have told me to edit /etc/sysctl.conf with the following line "fs file-max=xxx" where xxx is the file size desired. I don't know why a file size limitation is imposed at all (or even if it is a file size limitation). Can anyone help me? The hardware I am using is as follows:
2 3.2 Ghz Xeon cpu's
4 Gb DDR ram
80 gb ide for the os
2 35 gb raid arrays for oracle
1 75 gb raid array for oracle
Thanks in advance.
Chuck
Jim
I am not an expert on servers, but I get the impression from looking around that you don't need the line. Try commenting the line out and see if that works. I get the general impression that if you don't set a max size there wont be one.
chasw98
I have done it both with and without the line. I have also set it up using ext3 and ext2. I have also setup redhat 9 and copied the file in with no problems!
Chuck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.