Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ati Radeon 7500 Problems
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
ViralHex
hey,
I've recently been very interrested in learning to use Linux. So I decided to install it and see how it worked... Unfortunately it would not boot correctly using the XF86 Radeon drivers. I couldn't actually get into the graphical end of Linux... I know it was a problem with my video card (ATI Radeon 7500) and I was wondering if anyone knows about this problem and knows how to fix it. Please tell me if you do not understand my mindless ramblings or something to that extent.
Corey
What distribtuion / version did you install? This may be able to give us a better idea on what was installed, and how it was configured.
ViralHex
hey,
I am using Red Hat 7.3 and later I tried Red Hat 8.0, although I did some searching a while back, and I could use the failsafe vesa drivers... Unfortunately that meant that I wasn't using all of the features of my graphics card, and I could not run any games. I couldn't even run Tux Racer wacko.gif

well I hope that helps
ViralHex
hey,
yay!! I'm using Red Hat right now to reply to the post... so in other words, I got it working! For some reason if I don't have the TV out cable connected then it will work. Thanks for you help
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.