Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Install Query
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
jack_ren85
how do install linux from source codes?
Jim
You want it install a full linux OS from source code? I am not entierly sure you know what your asking. If this is your first expience with linux your going to want to install linux from one an iso image that you can find off one of the links on the ISO images page.

If you really want to do a linux install from source code, or scratch. You are going to want to either do a stage one install of Gentoo gentoo.org or you are going to want to do Linux from Sctarch Linux From Scatch HOW TO

Both of those opition alow you to build your linux system from the ground up to give you the best possible fit. I highly recomend that you don't try either of those options if this is your first linux experience, I will flat out tell you not to. Try something way more user friendly like Mandrake. If you have more specific questions come back and tell us more about what you want.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.