Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Hat And Fedora Project
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
doki10
Hello,
I am just like to get into Linux and will have more question but at the moment like to know
if in the Fedore project disc like "FC2-test3-i386 disc1.iso" disk included any Red Hat program like the Enterprise AS or ES?
Thanks is advance.
doki10
Laszlo
hughesjr
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking ...

RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 and FedoraCore2 both contain many programs (packages) ....

The FedoraCore2 packages are newer versions than RedHat Enterprise Linux.

FedoraCore2 has more packages than are in RHEL.

The versions of packages contained in RHEL are usually between the versions contained in RH9 and the versions contained in FedoraCore1.

RHEL program versions will not change much in the future ... it is a distro based on stability. They will do security and bug fixes, so some packages will be upgraded ... but they will back port most fixes, not upgrade to a new version. RHEL will have a longer lifetime and support cycle than FedoraCore2.
doki10
Hello hughesjr,
Thanks for your answer.
What you wrote is answering to my question.
By that if I will get the Fedore Core2 project I will have mainly the RHEL 3 (+Red Hat 9) with more addition without the stability and without support of Red Hat. I also understand that it can be more new but can be with bugs what will help to solve the problem.
Best regards,
doki10
Laszlo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.