Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xine Media Player Question
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Robert83
Hi,

well I got Xine at home, and it's installed at work to play some music for my colegues [?] , the problem is that I'm quiet tired of adding each mp3 one-by-one [ I know this gotta be simple, that's why I don't know how to do it smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif ],
what I would like to ask is, how on earth can I add directories ? or select 250 mp3 files at once and add them by one click [not clicking for 30 minutes, my fingers are going to burn down sonner or later in the process. Can anyone help ? [don't laugh smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif , hehehehe]

Sincerely
Robert B
Jim
umm, my answer to this question is xmms. Xine is more of a movie player, it wasn't intended to be used for mp3 collections. I would suggest looking into xmms is much better for dealing with large mp3 collections (I have some 1250 comming off my windows drive). And just for the record, they are all ripped off my CDs.
Jim
I don't know what version of Xine your running, but I was just looking at mine and it has a select all buton.
Robert83
Hi,

well I have
CODE
rpm -q
[CODE]
output :

[CODE]
xine-0.9.23-1.fr

version of Xine, but I don't have that add all stuff, and I have quiet a few skins, what skin are you using ?

what version? is there a combinations of buttons to select everything in a directory ?

Sincerely
Robert B
Jim
I think your runing an out dated version of xine.

I just go into Open and I can go into a directory and hit "Select All" I am just using the generic skin that came with it. I don't know. Try upgrading to the new version of xine and see if that helps. But my recomendation for using xmms for mp3s still stands.
hughesjr
I'm afriad I can't be of much help .... I use my computers as computers, not media players laugh.gif

OK .... well .... there is that one I am using as a Personal Video Recorder. I use RhythmBox to play MP3s on that one ... but it is a Gentoo Box.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.