Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Siocsifflags: Resource Or Device Busy
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
tendonut
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource or Device Busy I know you've all probably heard of this error, it is all over the message boards. When I try to activate my ethernet card, it spits out this error. No IRQ setting will fix it like I originally thought and I do not have PnP OS turned on in my BIOS. My card works fine under Windows 98, but Redhat Fedora doesn't like it. Any OTHER thing anyone can think of? I am having the problem with my server (view Signature). I was given the thing from a family member before it was tossed out from where she worked. I am using it as a simple file server.
Corey
What kind of network card is it? Is the interface ISA or PCI? If it's PCI do a 'lspci' and post the results for the NIC line. If it's ISA, make sure it was detected during bootup by checking dmesg.

Check and ensure you have the correct kernel module compiled and inserted into the kernel. Some of the kernel modules for NIC cards are very similar in name or description, but do different things for different cards.
tendonut
Well because my server is on a different floor and it has no network access or printer, I will just tell you that when I ran the lspci command, nothing came up that was irregular. It looked perfectly fine, meaning it found the correct network card, except it said it has an Unknown Mass Storage Controller (which would me my PCI-ATA100 card I use on my 160GB hard drive)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.