Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting Over
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
sonnenschein
I need to rescue a drive that had a LINUX system installed on it. However, DOS fdisk won't recognize it, and I don't have a current LINUX system to use to access this drive. Just want to connect the drive to my computer, and "access" it with a floppy that will let me fdisk and re-format it.
Pizentios
the dos fdisk should reconnize it as a non windows partition. Unless you want to save your data, this should be fine, all you got to do is go to delete a non-dos partition, and then delete some or all of the partitions that you want. then create new windows (that's what i am asuming that you want to do) partitions and then exit out of fdisk and format them.
Jim
Ya, you you don't care about the data dos or windows should have no problem deleating it. If you want that data you can use something like Knoppix to boot up and get the data off than delete the partition table. That should work for you.
chrisw
for some reason i have experienced in the past that dos fdisk can not see the linux
partitions therefore they can not be deleted through fdisk, you will probably
have to use something like partition magic....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.