Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrade To Mandrake 10
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
new2it2
I just finished upgrading the system to Mandrake 10. The only problem I had is that the install would not recognize the USB Mouse. I had to place the PS2 adapter on the mouse to get the upgrade to install. 9.0, 9.1, & 9.2 had no problem with the USB Mouse. How can I go about getting the system to see the mouse if I plug it into the USB port?
Jim
Have you tried HardDrake? Plug in the mouse to the USB port and boot up. You can use your keyboard to get into harddrake and tab around to run the config tool.

The other option involves trying to edit your XF86Config file to change the driver. My suggestion is to try harddrake.

Also, have you tried any other USB hardware? It might not be the mouse config, your USB might not be working.
hughesjr
My understainding of this problem is that the installer has a problem with USB ... but once installed (and updated), mandrake does not have that problem any more.

Did you try shutting the machine down after install and just plugging in the mouse to the USB port and turning the PC on?
-----------------------------------------
If that doesn't work, what is the kernel you are running ... post the results of:

uname -r
----------------------------------------
Also, in /etc/lilo.conf make sure there is not a command like this:

nousb

in the append= line....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.