Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refresh Rate
Linuxhelp > Support > Technical Support
Jim
So my primary monitor looks great, but I can see the refresh one my second monitor. They are both the same kind, most set the same way both physically and as far as I can tell config wise.

I am using TwinView to drive the second monitor and I copied the refresh rate info for the second one from the first one. Any ideas on why my second montor looks so bad and what I can do to fix it?
hughesjr
I know you have set this up before, so I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.

The only real things to check are that the video cards are properly (and uniquely) indentified, that the Monitors have the same entries for each and that the 2 screen definitions are good.

Which NVIDIA drivers are you using ... is this on mandrake or gentoo?
Jim
My gentoo is still, well, not bootable. So this is Mandrake. I have always sort of had this problem, but since I had to re-install the other day its really bad, before it was only if you stared at a single colored background hard enough. Now its just nasty.

Remember with this set up, its a single dual-head card, so the card is only identified ounce. So this is what my XF86Config-4 file looks like...

CODE
Section "Monitor"
   Identifier "monitor1"
   VendorName "Plug'n Play"
   ModelName "Compaq 1520 Flat Panel Monitor"
   HorizSync 30-63
   VertRefresh 56-76
EndSection

Section "Device"
  Identifier "device1"
  Driver "nvidia"
  Option "TwinView"
  #Option "power_saver"
  Option "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768; 800x600,800x600"
  Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "56-76"
  Option "ConnectedMonitor" "dfp,dfp"
  Option "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
  Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-63"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   Identifier "screen1"
   Device "device1"
   Monitor "monitor1"
   DefaultColorDepth 24

Subsection "Display"
       Depth 8
       Virtual 1024 768
   EndSubsection

Subsection "Display"
       Depth 15
       Virtual 1024 768
   EndSubsection

Subsection "Display"
       Depth 16
       Virtual 1024 768
   EndSubsection

Subsection "Display"
       Depth 24
       #Virtual 1024 768
    Modes "1024x768"
   EndSubsection
EndSection

So those are at least the important parts. Some time after my physics test today I am going to make absolutly sure its not the monitor, IE, I am going to switch them up and power and what not.

I am using the latest NVIDIA drivers and all the latest Mandrake componets since I just updated yesterday. Which includes running the new 2.6.3-8mdk kernel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.